Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP Latex 360 prints have wet spots! Help! Always in same area. Not drying

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Gnome Beard, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Gnome Beard

Gnome Beard Member

Oct 26, 2018
    California
    All of a sudden, I started getting wet spots on my prints. Doesn't matter what material I use. It looks like it's always in the same area...towards the right of the printer (if you're looking at printer). See picture.

Attached Files:

2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    CCPUSA
    One of your curing modules has gone bad. It will need to be replaced. You have 4 of them and they can be check in service mode to see which ones are bad. Of course you can tell by where the ink is not curing.

3. Emd2kick

Emd2kick Member

Jan 18, 2018
    New Jersey
    We had this issue w/ our 365, and it turned out to be clogged holes in the vent around the heating module. Had a tech come out, cleaned out all the tiny holes and we were good to go.

4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Yup, not always a bad curing module. Sometimes just reduced airflow due to ink clogs. If this is happening you should look at doing a full SMK3 as you will have access to everything in order to clean the curing tunnel

5. Gnome Beard

Gnome Beard Member

Oct 26, 2018
    California
    How can I check to see if I have a bad module?

6. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    The first thing to do is to clean the vents for your heater units, which requires you to remove them and clean inside where they sit. Those holes are very small and clog easily, we had the same problem. If it persists, run an IR thermometer across a print just under the heaters to make sure the temperature is relatively consistent. If you do find a dead zone, swap the heater with another one and see if the dead zone moved to the new location.

A faulty module would likely have a larger impact than what you're seeing, but anything is possible. I try everything I can before I have to pay for parts.

7. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    We had an issue as well, paid a tech $150 per machine to come out and clear the of the holes as mentioned above. You can do it yourself but its not super simple, also the sheet metal is so sharp you can easily sever your cables. It's best to let a tech do it.

Also things to cause this is too much saturation in the profile, and Not enough airflow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    I suggest a pm service first...the holes will be cleaned!