• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Hp Latex 360 Unwinds Material

MMPLarge Format

I have been working with my 360 for over a year now and have not had too many issues with it. Although the past few weeks i have been experiencing one particularly frustrating and annoying problem, every single time i load a new roll it unwinds the roll completely while "Figuring out winding direction". It has made loading material the biggest burden of printing and if anyone could help me figure out why its doing that, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Dan360

Sounds like you may have a problem with your rewinder. In the diagnostics menu there's a rewinder test and a rewinder calibration, maybe try those.

AF

Make sure you clean the media spindle grippers or the roll could slip causing the malfunction you describe.

Another place to check if the above does not help is the cable between the media spindle motor and the motor control board and any other cable connections in the area. All the cable pins are machine crimped and it is not unusual to have bad crimps (heat can cause a weak crimp to fail but work when it cools or vice verse). “It sometimes works” can easily fall into the bad crimp category.

Cold solder joints or cracked traces are less likely but would be worth checking if you pull the controller.

MMPLarge Format

How would i go about opening that up and checking it out? My spindle lock has been malfunctioning for a little while now. Didn't want to pay for HP to come out on a service call cause i saw on a previous thread that somebody was able to do it themselves. I just haven't figured it out yet and would rather not risk breaking my printer even more.

MMPLarge Format

So after further inspecting the spindle locking system, i found that one of the wheels that keeps the actual spindle from falling out of the locking system was out of place. After moving that back into place everything has been working fine! Hopefully that is the long term solution to my problem and there aren't any recurring issues. Thank you for your input throughout this ordeal!