• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 365 & Briteline Rollup Banner (Retractable)

GamecockGrafx

Good evening all. Having a time printing on Briteline Roll Up retractable banner material. Text is coming out very splotchy/rough looking. Images attached. I have done a color calibration, printhead alignment and printhead cleaning. I have a job to produce 32 of these retractable banners and I've never had an issue before.

I have been using the ICC profile supplied by my distributor, GRIMCO for RollUp 36. Settings include 10p and 90 After the first run, I tried to modify a copy of this profile to 12p 110 with little to no better results.

Anyone have a hint or some helpful info?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Rollup Banner 10p 90.jpg
    Rollup Banner 10p 90.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Rollup Banner 12p110.jpg
    Rollup Banner 12p110.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 57

FerSerra

Hello, how are you? I'm almost sure that the problem is the OP printhead. The times I had that problem, the solution was to change the OP printhead.

GamecockGrafx

Hello, how are you? I'm almost sure that the problem is the OP printhead. The times I had that problem, the solution was to change the OP printhead.
Thank you FerSerra; I'm assuming by OP printhead you're referring to the Optimizer printhead, right? I think I have one and will try in the morning.:)

amw

Longtime Members
Good evening all. Having a time printing on Briteline Roll Up retractable banner material. Text is coming out very splotchy/rough looking. Images attached. I have done a color calibration, printhead alignment and printhead cleaning. I have a job to produce 32 of these retractable banners and I've never had an issue before.

I have been using the ICC profile supplied by my distributor, GRIMCO for RollUp 36. Settings include 10p and 90 After the first run, I tried to modify a copy of this profile to 12p 110 with little to no better results.

Anyone have a hint or some helpful info?

Thanks in advance!
We get this on our HP 360 same material. For us the solution currently is to run it much slower...add a delay to the profile and you should be good. Takes a while to print however no other issues. I believe it is from static.
Anyone else have a solution that doesn't involve running it slowly?

Thank you!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We get this on our HP 360 same material. For us the solution currently is to run it much slower...add a delay to the profile and you should be good. Takes a while to print however no other issues. I believe it is from static.
Anyone else have a solution that doesn't involve running it slowly?

Thank you!
No it's not static. You need more optimizer, interpass delay or heat overall to dry it so it doesn't bleed before curing. (or less ink)

GamecockGrafx

Follow up on my situation: This morning, I installed new printheads across the board, including the OP. As soon as I was done loading, the printer did its alignment etc. I still had the Briteline Rollup media in and the results were horrendous to say the least. First two images below are on the rollup media.

Strange as it may seem, I printed all day every day last week with Duratex vinyl banner and Duration X Adhesive Vinyl - never had any of the blotchy text etc. To test my printhead switch, I reinstalled the Duration X vinyl and did a few prints - looks flawless - none of the blotch or anything,

The profile I am using for the Briteline Rollup is the same profile I've used for several rolls of the same media in the past. Seems like this happens to me a lot - use a product and profile without issue and then all of the sudden - it doesn't work (happens now with Mesh banner)

Anyhow, I've seen some of the posts before this reply and there's mentions of more heat, slower, add a delay, etc. I'm still in the "learning" stage, so if one of y'all could give me some pointers on what to do and how, or point me to a better profile, I'd sure appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• After OP 3 Media Switch.jpg
    After OP 3 Media Switch.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • After OP Head2.jpg
    After OP Head2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • After OP Head1.jpg
    After OP Head1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

danno

I had the issue printing to Brightline rollup a couple months ago. Similar issue to what you have. I print eco solvent. I had a buddy of mine print the same on his latex. Same issue. I switched to an UltraFlex media and the issue ceased.

GamecockGrafx

Edit the advanced settings on the printmode.
Today I went in to the Advanced Settings on Substrates did the following:

Increased Cure Temp to 230 degrees (originally was 216)
Increased Optimizer Level to 20 (originally was 12)
Increased Interpass Delay to 15 (originally was zero)
Left the settings alone for Vacuum at 25, Air Flow at 175

Tested two separate runs and the results were EXCELLENT!

Question - when making adjustments like i did, is it more of a "crap shoot" just changing/testing changing/testing... etc or is there an actual science to it?

Question 2 - If I wanted to increase the number of passes, where would I do that at? I just took the Profile I was provided for the Briteline Rollup Media and made a clone and adjusted the settings on the clone profile.

Thanks for the help!