• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp latex 365 Issues and questions

Kemraj

Good day we now bought this HP Latex 365 so everything is a bit new.
What is the meaning of saturation in the profiles?

The red not printing red enough its very dull and more orange , how to fix this ?

what is the best heat for a generic banner, currently have it at 105 and it causes lines due to the heat.

greysquirrel

You bought this new? Who was your reseller? The are supposed to train you on how to create profiles on-board or how to download, install and recalibrate color. What media are you using?
Set your temps too farenheit. adh vinyl start 210-214 banner 215-218. To set an accurate temp there are a few factors...media, environment, saturation, resolution, speed.

saturation when profiling is where you set your 100% values.....so 6p 110 would mean that when your file asks for 100% color, the printer is really producing 110%

stxrmxn

We run the backlit profiles on 130% to get a really decent amount of ink down, but its horses for courses as we only really do solid colours.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've done deals like this. The guy is in Trinidad and most likely no tech to train him on the island. Usually these guys buy the machine and are offered training at a higher cost but decline because it's cost prohibitive. They should be offering phone support though for sure.

Kemraj

Yes, exactly that. Due to the fact that my country is 99% ecosolvent ink printers the banner resellers sell mainly for ecosolvent and not for latex.

And due to this we are using a generic banner that can't handle heat. So we are trying 80degrees 10pass 70% saturation.

It's been a headache finding a banner material to use with latex in our country.

But can you guys recommend some settings I could try.

bannertime

Yes, exactly that. Due to the fact that my country is 99% ecosolvent ink printers the banner resellers sell mainly for ecosolvent and not for latex.

And due to this we are using a generic banner that can't handle heat. So we are trying 80degrees 10pass 70% saturation.

It's been a headache finding a banner material to use with latex in our country.

But can you guys recommend some settings I could try.

You've got a lot of passes for low heat (175~ f). I'd try printing banner at a lower 6-8 pass with about 80-90 saturation. Maybe even higher.

Kemraj

Problem with it is the banner is getting deformed at temperatures over 90degrees. When using a lower pass like 6 with a higher saturation like 80% it smudges. I don't know what to do.
The banner is 13 ounce, removing the vacuum from 15 to 0 I believed helped with the deforming and heat lines on the banner and my optimizer is currently set at 12%

Kemraj

Hey guys I decided to just change the banner material to starflex which worked well for me. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey guys I decided to just change the banner material to starflex which worked well for me. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Where did you get your machine and why did they not show you how to do this stuff?????????????????????????????????