Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Latex 54 Cutter Problems

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Sign Man Spokane, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Sign Man Spokane

Sign Man Spokane New Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Spokane Washington
    wisota4.jpg wisota5.jpg system cut.jpg

I'm using HP Flexi Print & Cut 12 Build #2898 with a HP Latex 315 printer as well for what that's worth.

So I'm having some pretty serious alignment issues when I go to cut some jobs. It doesn't seem to happen all the time but it's becoming more frequent.

On the first image you can see that plot lines are really far off. In the second image you can see how it's supposed to be cut. The really surprising thing is these were cut on the exact same job! Everything was aligning fine and then it started plotting way off track. Then it started plotting fine again. All off of the exact same barcode on the exact same job. The vinyl was tracking fine in the plotter the entire time.

In the third image you can see multiple attempts of me trying to plot this particular job. Those plots were supposed to be inside the diamond. One of those plots are from were I tried to scan the opposite side barcode.

Like I said before this is something that can occur mid plot. On some jobs, it will plot the left (if you're looking straight at the front of the plotter) side of the job fine and gets misaligned on the right side. It did this exact same thing on one of the first jobs I ever plotted on this thing almost a year and a half ago.

This has been a persistent problem but it has gotten much worse over the last week. I've wasted a considerable amount of my time and material trying to fix this. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    AJ

Tags:
  2. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Hi AJ,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your HP/Summa cutter! I can only speak to the actual SummaCut Series cutters(which are similar but not the exact same as your HP cutter) but in this situation I would first want to determine if the software is causing the problem or if the hardware itself might be defective. With the SummaCut cutters you can use the included Winplot cutting software to run a few test jobs to see if you have the same accuracy issues that you are getting when using Flexi to output the jobs. If you have similar issues using Winplot that you have been getting outputting from Flexi then that would indicate an issue with the cutter itself.

Here are some things I would try -
    • Factory reset your cutter to its original settings
    • Update your firmware to the latest revision
    • Perform an OPOS Calibration
    Once you have completed those I would try outputting a couple jobs using a different cutting program, like Winplot for example, and see if the random accuracy issues persist. If you don't have any issues using a different cutting program then you may need to contact Flexi to do some troubleshooting and see if maybe there is a bug fix they can install to fix the issue. If you end up having issues with accuracy using a different program then I would have a trained tech take a look at the cutter and see if any of the hardware components are defective.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
    Airmark Corporation
    (800)527-7778, ext 112
    philj@airmark.com

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sign Man Spokane

Sign Man Spokane New Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Spokane Washington
    I'll give all this a shot and report back! Thank you!

4. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    You're welcome! Feel free to email me at philj@airmark.com if I can help out any further.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
    Airmark Corporation
    (800)527-7778, ext 112
    philj@airmark.com

5. klikn

klikn New Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Slovenia
    Sign Man Spokane did you fix your problem? When I contour cut it will cut shift slightly in x-direction and a bit less in y-direction.

I have HP latex 335 print and cut

6. mjohnsonsa

mjohnsonsa New Member

Jan 9, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    I am having the exact same problems you describe with my HP Latex 54 cutter. The problems have happened since I first got the cutter and are sporadic. It has happened in both Flexi 12 and Flexi 19 with multiple firmware versions, OPOS cleaning/calibrations, etc. Not only will it go off track and back on track on the same cut job but it will actually go off and on track on the same cut! See the attached Elf graphic for example. Sign Man SpokaneSign Man Spokane did you ever get it fixed?

Elf Cut Tracking Problem: [​IMG]