• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 560/570 beacon

kanini

Hello! Got hold of a nice HP 560 to add to our fleet and it has the connector for the beacon (standard on the 570), now the beacon seems hard to get hold of and is very expensive. I thought of maybe taking a generic beacon and connect it to the printer since it seems to be only 6 pins in the connector. Does anybody have the wiring diagram for this, a beacon laying around somewhere or knows where to get one I'd be happy to hear. Have a great New Year!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There is no diagram. Multimeter and you should figure it out pretty quick. Easy to wire up, I bet the colours match the lights.
You can find those everywhere. Just check the voltage before ordering.

1641042943847.png

kanini

Superb, just what I was looking for, will check with a multimeter the voltage. Thank you very much!!

kanini

Soo, checked with a multimeter and did not find any voltage at any of the pins at any time (printing/idle). Do you need to activate the beacon from the service menu or similar? The black and grey wire goes to earth but nothing on the green, yellow or red. The printer has not had a beacon installed before. I do not have the service manual for the 560, only for the 360 and of course that has no beacon... I haven't bought a beacon yet since I wanted to check the voltage first...

kanini

Ok, had a look in the service menus, diagnostics menu and nowhere can I find the setting to activate the beacon. It is not described in the service manual either. Can it be something else preventing the beacon from working/getting power?