• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 560 Color Calibration

dstt9901

I had been having trouble calibrating some, but not all, of the stocks I run through my Latex 560 printer. I recently had this happen with my printer (or just noticed it). I'm wondering if the HP has a different order it scans for different types of stock, which I think is doubt ful.:

-I have a PET film that I used to have calibrated as a paper. There were some temperature issues, but it otherwise printed fine. In order to deal with the temp issues, the manufacturer had me recalibrate it as a PET film.

-When I set up a calibration as a PET film, it prints, and sets up in the Cyan row of colors. It will scan until 30%, and cancel. I have tried to change the settings on the material to help compensate, but it does this every time.

-I decided to go back to the old Paper profile, it started in the Yellow/Black row of color, and succeeded the first time over.

Both tests were on hours old heads that I just changed today.

My thought is that there may be something wrong in the substrate advance for the stock and it’s starting the scan in the wrong place. When it fails, the material does not track to the end of the print.

I attached what I'm talking about if anyone has ideas.
115659-d64463ae05529b5e17e0fe020d7307d3.jpg

AKwrapguy

So your using paper but in the machine your telling it it's PET film, and when you try to calibrate the paper as a PET film it fails but if you calibrate it as paper it's fine? So just keep it as paper and dial in your heat, passes, ink density, optimizer and vacuum setting and you should be fine.

As far a the substrate advance concern I'm not sure. I would take a look at advance setting such as the vacuum, it could be that it's too high and not allowing the material to advance like it's supposed to since the paper is probably lighter and less rigid than the PET material.

dstt9901

So your using paper but in the machine your telling it it's PET film, and when you try to calibrate the paper as a PET film it fails but if you calibrate it as paper it's fine? So just keep it as paper and dial in your heat, passes, ink density, optimizer and vacuum setting and you should be fine.

As far a the substrate advance concern I'm not sure. I would take a look at advance setting such as the vacuum, it could be that it's too high and not allowing the material to advance like it's supposed to since the paper is probably lighter and less rigid than the PET material.

Thanks. I'll probably leave it as a paper until I have a reason to change it back. I was hoping there was someone who may be more familiar than I about how the machine scans the pattern and if there's something else that might be wrong with the printer. I'll check the other settings (vacuum) as well but I even tried adjusting them with nothing changed.

flyplainsdrifta

from what i know, those pet rollup films have big issues thru latex machines. tried em once and just couldn't get it to be decently attractive

dstt9901

The print quality works out okay. I mostly print photos with it. The worst I've seen is in dark solid colors.

PrintReadyFile

Haven’t had much luck with PET films either due to the low heat tolerance. Best bet is always higher passes with lower heat like 180f and find the speed that cures your inks. Your problem sounds different.., unless the heat is causing material warp and is having trouble scanning the colour bars when it returns to the printer platen. That would be the only problem the scanner should fail from, shouldn’t be whether the material is called a paper or not.