• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 560 Color Consistency

Jeff D

We have a relatively new HP Latex 560 and are having problems with color consistency. I have several years experience with the HP Latex machines and have specific profiles setup for various stocks (always in calibration). I have all of the computers in the shop setup with the same ICC profiles. If I do a run, remove the print, and start another run the color doesn't match. Just to give you an example, I had a long run of a 1 color job, prior to running the job I installed new printheads, aligned, cleaned the printheads, ran calibration...yadda yadda yadda. Ran the first run 60', removed the printed roll and started another run... the color no longer matched... this is all too common! any ideas?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Okay let's check this out. You installed all new printheads? Not one used more than the others was left there?
On what materials you have this issue? What kind of use, tiling or what? What are you trying to match?
Pictures of the difference?

karst41

On the Printer download the media profile.

If you are using FS go to the PM to RIP a file.
USE Color Correction.

I am not sure about Onyx but I think I saw CC on a Demo version.

There is a mid size fleet 300 or so Refer Trucks and trailers that are a partial wrap,
with 30" stripe running down the sides. The color is very specific to the client.

If Flexi Sign and HP560 have One redeeming quality. Color Correction is it.
Load the roll of IJ180cv3 print a swatch and verify.
I print out the roll and load another and print it too. Color Correction and xrite
keep this 'ish tight. I wont run a 3rd roll. dont care what HP says.
The 560 is damm hot after ripping out 300' High density ink, 52" wide pattern.
Cool it down. Iit only takes the RBH 6500 10 minutes to laminate each roll.

by that time your shop is hot and its Beer 30.

Thats my advice, hope it helps.

dypinc

We have a relatively new HP Latex 560 and are having problems with color consistency. I have several years experience with the HP Latex machines and have specific profiles setup for various stocks (always in calibration). I have all of the computers in the shop setup with the same ICC profiles. If I do a run, remove the print, and start another run the color doesn't match. Just to give you an example, I had a long run of a 1 color job, prior to running the job I installed new printheads, aligned, cleaned the printheads, ran calibration...yadda yadda yadda. Ran the first run 60', removed the printed roll and started another run... the color no longer matched... this is all too common! any ideas?
If I am reading this correct you are saying you started a new roll but you didn't say if you re-calibrated when you started the new roll?