• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex 560 Condensation leakage

Jeff D

We have a fairly new HP Latex 560. As of late we're having a problem where condensation (yellowish viscous liquid) is dripping on the print. I have checked the condensation container and it is catching most of the liquid. Nay ideas?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How is your air replacement in the room where the printer is? You are probably printing a lot and it needs fresh air to work with.
I'd recommend to always leave the front door open after you are done printing so it can catch some fresh air and ventilate the insides of the printer.
It's pretty easy to find where it's dropping so search that spot and clean it.

zillion29

We had ours for a year and the container was bone dry. But the console said 22% full. When detached the lid and hose and twisted them, oily water started pouring out of it. Apparently, the original seating of the container didn't allow any liquid to flow out. Another great HP design!

karst41

We have a fairly new HP Latex 560. As of late we're having a problem where condensation (yellowish viscous liquid) is dripping on the print. I have checked the condensation container and it is catching most of the liquid. Nay ideas?

Dripping on the Print? From what part of the process? If from the PH Carriage, that would be scary.

However dripping or Build Up would indicate Two possibilities.
1. Your Print is not drying Properly. IF this the case then your Temps need adjusting OR
This be important. If your temps are up and you are running the thin chit ie. IJ 180 cv3 it is real easy to burn
this media. If this is the case, You can resolve the drying issue with the Inter Pass Delay.

2. You no need answer me on this. It only ends in public humiliation and a most intensive public flogging.

You are also describing a problem that keeps the service boys busy.

Media Bowing up and painting a Picaso Painting on your upper heater vents.
To this I totally hate the 560 and the designers at HP are the ones who totally deserve a ,, well sir you get the picture.
The appologist above will have no rebuttal.

Last week I was running a test pattern with out the front take up reel. Media was 3 inches past the door and this %$#@@#$* ist
bows up on the heater, I gave it a quick yank before the carriage crashed.
I cut off the print and when printer cooled down a bit. I applied DeNatured alcohol to a blue Lint Free Paper towel and reached in there
and cleaned off that ink. it took a few attempts to get it all.
Clean that 'ish while printer is cooled down. Get after it as many times as it takes. You may get lucky.

If still having condensation, then you need a service call for a tech to take apart and clean.

Hope this helps.

zillion29

If I'm not mistaken that is mounted during the install, sounds like the tech that set it up may have done that.
She definitely attached the bottle and hose. It just didn't move and apparently air was keeping the liquid from releasing.