Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Latex 560 :: Error 98:03

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Renato Pinto, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Renato Pinto

Renato Pinto Graphics Manager

Mar 10, 2018
    Kansas
    Hey guys,

I'm getting the following error:

98:03
    Potential-print quality problem. Check printheads using the printhead status plot.

At first, we were having some pretty noticeable horizontal banding issues. We've aligned and cleaned the printheads countless times and also changed all the printheads. So now, its printing fine. No issues with the print quality but its still kicking out the same error.

I've attached an image of the error message and then of all the latest test plots.
    Looking at them, there's definitely still a problem, i just don't know what else to do to fix it.

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Signcraft Digital

Signcraft Digital New Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Kelowna, BC
    Test plots look decent.... What about doing colour calibration, the whole nine yards.. Maybe the eye that reads the plots has debris on it?

3. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    My money is on too many nozzles out in that yellow-magenta head.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    I had the same thing today. All the plots looked fine... First time I've had the issue.

There was graininess/random spots missing when printing... but the plots looked fine. tons of cleanings / auto maintenances and still the same. Took out the optomiser printhead... swapped places and the problem fixed itself.

I don't see a nozzle print test in there... I'd do an nozzle print and see what it looks like. It does look like yellow is having issues though.

5. ShockWave print

ShockWave print New Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Yellow head looks bad. Had the same issue and nothing helped but replacing yellow heads

6. Signplanet

Signplanet New Member

Aug 22, 2014
    US
    You are getting that error because a printhead is failing the printers nozzle droplet check and it does not have sufficient reserve to correct for the error. Replace the Y-M head and you should be good to go!

7. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Yet no one read that he changed the printheads.

Did you change optimizer heads too? Have you cleaned your platen holes recently? Are you nearing SMK3 100%?

If you changed all the heads, I would take them out 1 by 1 and shake them, then replace them. Some times ink gets clogged up in them the way they are stored and you can get that error.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    If you have changed the Y/M head, perhaps try a manual re-alignment plot which gives a more detailed look at alignment.

9. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    Why not call HP Tech support? 1-800-334-5144

10. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    You can check failing nozzles in the service report of the printer (tab „support“ at the EWS, link „Service-Support“). If there is a print head which counts failing nozzles from „1“ continuously (1 2 3 4 5 and so on), replace that head. A friend of mine have set a new printhead 2 days ago which have failed out of the box. **** happens ...