• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 560: Is it possible to increase error/ink empty sound volume?

Lindquist

I have 2 HP Latex 560 printers running side-by-side in the same area as two flatbed printers.

The 2 Latex printers make a very soft sound effect when they run out of ink, and as we have gained more equipment, it has become more and more difficult to hear the sound - even in the same room. We hunted through menus to check for a volume setting, but we were unable to find anything.

Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the volume of the sound effect the printer error messages / empty ink "dinging"?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There is a volume setting but I doubt it's going to make that much difference. You have to add a bigger speaker or a beacon to it.

To change the volume of the printer's loudspeaker, go to the front panel and press Settings, setup, front panel options > Speaker volume, and select Off, Low, or High.

Last edited:

Lindquist

Thank you - we didn't think to look under printer setup. Both printers were sent to "low", so we'll see if "high" makes any noticeable difference at all.

Thanks again for your help.

netsol

There is a device from the analog cell phone days, that has a microphone (hears the ringer) & an amp & speaker to give a much louder "ringer"

I will try to find one and. Post.
We used these for a couple types of alarm in the past