• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 570 - 61:09 Error (Unexpected end of job. Cancelling current job.)

Giv1891

Hi all,

Recently I've been getting a 61:09 (Unexpected end of job. Cancelling current job) error pop up sporadically on our HP Latex 570.

It normally happens towards the end of a long print (2/3 metres+) and by sods law it normally happens when printing on our most expensive material.

We use Caldera and have recently updated it to the latest version (V12.1). We run our printers via our network using a CAT5e Ethernet cable and have been trying to solve the issue with the IT company we use and our tech guys from one of our suppliers.
We just don't know what the source of the problem is...

Everything has been trial and error so far, we had it stop on us again yesterday and after that we noticed a tick box on the printer settings in Caldera stating 'Enable Network latency tolerance'. It sounds promising but we wont know if that has worked until it stops on us again.

Anyone had similar problems or possibly know what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6844.jpg
    IMG_6844.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 885

Rodney12

Hi all,

Recently I've been getting a 61:09 (Unexpected end of job. Cancelling current job) error pop up sporadically on our HP Latex 570.

It normally happens towards the end of a long print (2/3 metres+) and by sods law it normally happens when printing on our most expensive material.

We use Caldera and have recently updated it to the latest version (V12.1). We run our printers via our network using a CAT5e Ethernet cable and have been trying to solve the issue with the IT company we use and our tech guys from one of our suppliers.

Everything has been trial and error so far, we had it stop on us again yesterday and after that we noticed a tick box on the printer settings in Caldera stating 'Enable Network latency tolerance'. It sounds promising but we wont know if that has worked until it stops on us again.

Thanks in advance!

Rodney12

I have been having the same issue with the 61:09 with a latex 315. It is definatly a network issue. I had another customer with the same error on a L360 and the issue was a combination of the router and his network provider.

karst41

Why are you connecting your printer to a router?
Try using an Ethernet switch, and CAT 6 Cabling.
Your wall jacks need to be upgraded to Cat 6 connectors, otherwise
it will remain at cat5.

I am set up as dumbed down as I can get.
Everything feeds into the switch. (Linksys Pro Safe VPN, 8 ports)
Cable modem feeds into the switch
Cat 6 into the switch.
Printers to the switch
Router to the switch. Router feeds computers.
iPhones, Pads etc password into the wireless function of the router.

RIP computer and Printers connect to the switch via the CAT 6 wall jacks.
(printer connects directly to the RIP Computer)

Since this is a much longer run of cable, you really need to be using CAT 6
due to the speed needed.

I am not real good with the networking, but this is a very easy way to go,
and I have not had any issues with this for the past 4 years.
From time to time, I unplug everything network related, and totally power down, wait few minutes and power back up.

Hope this helps

greysquirrel

Is your rip loaded on a laptop or desktop? What are the power settings? Make sure windows is set to never powers off.

if you just upgraded Caldera it’s possible that the printer requires an update that may or may not be available from HP yet. Double check that printer firmware is up to date.

When you load media, are you having the printer track length? If not, make sure you do going forward...might help alleviate the issue.

karst41

Cat5 vs 6 is not at issue here. If it was, you'd also have problems starting the print in the first place. More often than not, it's antivirus, computer going to sleep(or other components being allowed to power down due to running on a laptop in power saving mode), someone in the office pulling huge files off the rip over the network, even had an issue where it consistently appeared that spotify was hogging the bandwidth and it kicked the error.
Best bet, pull any RIP pc of the internet all together, unload antivirus, turn off all power saving features, then use it as a production machine instead of anything else.

Hopefully this issue was solved last year, I don't think he ever came back...

I had the sleep issue back when I was using the 26500, and it kicked out a code that started with a 6. High probability that is the issue here.

The only websites my rip goes to is a trusted Font and the usdot website, but only in a pinch. 99.8% of my internet use is done on MACs and no internet in the Accounting office.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
I have an HP315 and have been getting that error as well. It started about the time that I moved from my old location to a new one so I thought it had to do with the new internet service, etc. It does it in the middle of the day, at night, anytime it wants. What I have found is if I press the power off button (sleep mode) vs if the printer does it itself, it won't do it.

signsITman

We are having the exact same issue on our exact model of HP Latex, the 570. Very random occurrence of a random network drop with error 61.09. Our network is as basic as possible, with everything feeding into a switch. The only "Cat 5e bottleneck" that we can think of is the ports in the wall that lead to the switch.

We suggested to the printer operator to try Geneva Olson's method of manual sleep to see if it eliminates the error. Will let everyone know the results.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We are having the exact same issue on our exact model of HP Latex, the 570. Very random occurrence of a random network drop with error 61.09. Our network is as basic as possible, with everything feeding into a switch. The only "Cat 5e bottleneck" that we can think of is the ports in the wall that lead to the switch.

We suggested to the printer operator to try Geneva Olson's method of manual sleep to see if it eliminates the error. Will let everyone know the results.
Good Luck. I still get it on occassion, but I forget to press the power switch.