• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP LATEX 570 - Anyone had issues??

stealey

I've upgraded from the 360 to a 570 but I'm not liking it.
on the 360 i had wallpapers printing all day, where as on the 570 i just can't get the settings right on all kinds of materials but mainly papers and wallpapers
it seems like theres just way too much heat now.
I've been trying to print on a 200gsm gloss paper, gone from 100 degrees down to 70 and I'm getting this awful bubbling in the print, ink density down to 90, vac on 45 as if i go lower if starts catching.
on wallpapers ill print using the same heat settings as i was on the 360, 86 degrees but when i roll it onto our cutter you can see its not flat then the suction from the cutter makes it crease where its up and down not lying flat, so i knock the heat down but then give it a wipe with a wet cloth and the ink rubs off!!
printing on banners and textiles is perfect but just not paper.
anyone had had or noticed any issues?

Attachments

• latex.jpg
    latex.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 544
  • latex 2.jpg
    latex 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 480

dypinc

optimizer is at 24
not changed airflow

Moisture might also be contributing to this as well. You might want to back the optimizer down to around 10 or lower if that doesn't cause coalescing. And, try maximizing the air flow. Then you can work on the Pass-Heat-Ink Density combination.

PrintReadyFile

I have found that the 570 (compared to my old 370) has some major heat issues. Vinyls that I used to have at 210-220f now buckle at 190f on the 570.

We just ran a job on 320gsm BloxLite c2s with no real success because let's face it, we shouldn't have... But I learned a lot more about how the 570 head strikes and how to avoid it. But the ink still didn't cure fully (close on rich blacks 12pass 90sat) but the temperature bottomed out at 140f (still warping) and we had to have the vaccum on 130!
But for you what I would say is... Trick the printer a little, go to 20 pass on a different profile catagory... But don't try too thick a stock like me, it's a decent printer but not perfect. And blame physics

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have an alternative to that material and you can run it with no issues in the 500 series. It's a 10pt. Double sided stock.