• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex - Color Consistency and Print Head Life

Bly

We had latex printers for years and only changed carts when the printer told us they'd run out.
Never caused any issue.

In the on-board HP printer profile. You would do that for every frequently used profile any time you change a head (hence the preference to change multiple heads) . I think some on here even re-calibrate daily or weekly although that seems excessive to me.

Also, you mentioned panels not matching. As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, rotating every other panel 180 will lessen the appearance of color shift panel to panel. (e.g. - bottom of panel 1 is followed by print of bottom of panel 2) Haven't had that issue but we do that anyway as a best practice.

Right on both counts. Keep your profiles calibrated at least monthly + every time you change or reseat a printhead. I'm getting perfect color matching on across a Latex 1500, 3200, and 360 doing this.