• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Edge Holders

AF

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

This is a modification we did while debugging an issue with our 260 with HP tech support a while back. It turned out to work so well that we just left the modification in place and actually use the edge holders all the time now. I claim no responsibility if you deploy this solution, but in our case it prevented head / carrier damage while working through an obscure issue. If you are having an issue that this may help address, make sure to think it through carefully or your modification will cause problems.

Does it work? Yes, very well for a certain situation. Can it cause expensive damage? Yes it can if not done right. Who pays for the damage? You. Is that red stripe some sort of 2-sided tape? Yes. Is that little extension tab some sort of card stock? Yes. Why put this out there? Because in a very unique circumstance, it actually prevents expensive damage to the machine. What circumstance? If you have to ask, it doesn't apply to you. Why so sneaky? Because it is not monkey proof, and there are a lot of monkeys out there.

IMG_2151.jpg IMG_2152.jpg