• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex flatbed printer!?

bigben

Does anyone heard about a HP latex flatbed printer yet? One of my supplier went to the HP offices in Barcelona (or I think it's a trade show) and one of the HP guys give this information. But no details at all.

I'm just curious...

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have been told a hybrid is coming. Most likely it will be on the industrial side first like the 3000 series, but it sounds like HP is making strides with direct to substrate.

CanuckSigns

I would be curious to see how this would work, I would think the high heat needed to cure latex inks wouldn't work on a flatbed, especially on substrates like coroplast.

DerbyCitySignGuy

I would be curious to see how this would work, I would think the high heat needed to cure latex inks wouldn't work on a flatbed, especially on substrates like coroplast.

I've never operated a latex printer, but my understanding is that they only get up to about 190-200 degrees (F). Coroplast melts at around 300 (if I remember correctly) degrees. Unless you have your heat source parked over one area of the media for an extended amount of time, I can't imagine it's any worse than UV lamps (which will also melt coro if you leave them in one spot).