• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Ink question

dan1942

I have a quick question about the glossiness of the Latex inks. It appears that the inks are not as glossy as the Eco solvent inks when printed on glossy vinyl. Do you get some that gloss back when you laminate??
Thanks!

AF

The gloss of the different inks is uneven, with black being more flat in appearance. Liquid lam or film lamination completely evens out the appearance. I laminate almost everything out of the latex printer, partly for this reason.

The gloss of the different inks is uneven, with black being more flat in appearance. Liquid lam or film lamination completely evens out the appearance. I laminate almost everything out of the latex printer, partly for this reason.

+1+1 Yes it depends on the mixture but the inks do have a flat semi-gloss look to them depending on the color. As soon as you lam it, it takes on the gloss of whatever top layer you put. If you used a flat lam you will get a very even looking flat.

dan1942

Ok perfect ! I am probably going to be picking up an L360 next week. I had an opportunity to go to there Latex facility in Ga and it is a pretty amazing setup I was definitely impressed with HP.

Ok perfect ! I am probably going to be picking up an L360 next week. I had an opportunity to go to there Latex facility in Ga and it is a pretty amazing setup I was definitely impressed with HP.

Very nice. Get to see any next generation stuff??? Or just a ton of 300 series models? I would love to tour there.

dan1942

No new stuff but I did get to see every latex printer they make even the big HP 3000 plus all there large indigo presses. They were all being used they were running every material you can think of from all the 3rd party manufactures checking profiles it was really cool. I would love to work there it was amazing. I also left with a box load of printed samples :)

ProColorGraphics

I wanted to go to that event too. I was even signed up to go but had to cancel. Good to hear from someone that went that it is worth going. Will have to try to make the next one.

HulkSmash

Yes. Gloss laminate makes your media glossy. Pretty basic stuff to know especially if you're into commercial graphics of any kinds.