Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Hp latex l260 Disk recovery

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by ppnai, Oct 4, 2020.

1. ppnai

ppnai New Member

Jan 18, 2020
    qatar
    Hi,
    I have an hp latex L26500 , I got an error 79:04 , I upgraded the firmware it works for a day an next day the same problem and the error at the start up, i rest the eprom with no help , I did a disk recovery it make the printer restart and the HP logo appears with % counting it reach the 100% and for an hour , each time i restart the machine it count till 100% and stuck on that.
    Any help please

Tags:
  2. balstestrat

balstestrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Between the bits
    Did you read the "How to troubleshoot the 79:04 System Error" from the manual? It has many pages about this error.
    Since you ended up like this, I'd probably try replacing the HDD. But it can be pretty much anything at this point.

3. ppnai

ppnai New Member

Jan 18, 2020
    qatar
    Thank you for your help,
    I did all the tests in the service manual, everything is fine and most of the 79:04 problems comes after the startup , but in my case I can't reach the panel menu

4. jimboeejit

jimboeejit Member

Apr 30, 2020
    uk
    79.04 can be a whole range of erors..

did u try changing the battery on motherboard?
    reseat the memory?

5. ppnai

ppnai New Member

Jan 18, 2020
    qatar
    I changed the battery and I changed the hard disk , I removed all the consumables, Ink-Printheads - Maintenance cartridge with no hope , after it finish the countdown on the front panel it gives the code directly, I'm stuck on that.
    Attached is the log details.

Attached Files:

6. ppnai

ppnai New Member

Jan 18, 2020
    qatar
    I changed the battery and I changed the hard disk , I removed all the consumables, Ink-Printheads - Maintenance cartridge with no hope , after it finish the countdown on the front panel it gives the code directly, I'm stuck on that.

7. ppnai

ppnai New Member

Jan 18, 2020
    qatar

Attached Files:

8. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    Did you check the service manual?

9. jimboeejit

jimboeejit Member

Apr 30, 2020
    uk
    did you remove the network cable from printer and delete anything in print queue?...
    then try restarting...
    turn off at back and remove power leads
    wait few minutes then replug and turn power on at front panel