• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex L26500 - Black Streaks

heyitsme

Hi everyone,

Could anyone point us in the right direction of solving this problem, we're all of a sudden getting these black streaks / streaks of colour not cured on our printouts (see image).

We've tried changing print-heads and the Ink Maintenance Kit so far but still getting bad results on the test print (see image), so assuming it's still going to print a job badly?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• printer.jpg
    printer.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 20200320_145936-test.jpg
    20200320_145936-test.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 183

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I would open the head cleaning cartridge door, and slide the cartridge out, and look from underneath.
Or use compressed air when the head carriage is moved toward the bed a bit.
There are a few things you could try

heyitsme

I would open the head cleaning cartridge door, and slide the cartridge out, and look from underneath.
Or use compressed air when the head carriage is moved toward the bed a bit.
There are a few things you could try

Thanks, we had a look all looks fine, seems to glide along inside the printer fine too - reluctant to print anything else large as it's probably going to be wasted with a bad print again. Does the colours blending together in the test plot look correct to you, i'm assuming its not supposed to be like that?

heyitsme

SOLVED

Thanks for the replies, it turned out this part has dropped out of whatever position it's supposed to be in, and was physically scraping the print before it was curing. Doing a quick fix as a test, holding it up off the bottom, resulted in non-streaky prints again.

Attachments

• damaged-part-20200323_150423.jpg
    damaged-part-20200323_150423.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 163