• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex L26500 - Ink bleeding into other colors

Having an issue when printing 8p mode on our latex the ink's are running/bleeding into one another.

Attached is a picture. Any ideas/thoughts as to why? i've noticed it before when printing orange background with black text as well.

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

• 20140701_132227.jpg
    20140701_132227.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 382

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Looks like too much ink...saturation, most likely the profile. What's the media and what profile used?

it was just a standard matte vinyl and i'm building a media/icc profile and the photo is of the test target it printed.

It isn't until after you print this test target you can adjust ink limits or build an ICC.

i believe i got it resolved…it was ink limits…i reduced way down according to the ink limit test piece i did and it seems to be much better. Thanks!

it was just a standard matte vinyl and i'm building a media/icc profile and the photo is of the test target it printed.

It isn't until after you print this test target you can adjust ink limits or build an ICC.

8 passes is below the recommended minimum pass count for adhesive vinyl on the Latex 260. 10 is the minimum pass count that HP recommends for this media class.

This is ink coalescence. It can be controlled through a combination of one or more of the following:

1) Reducing the amount of ink allowed to go down
2) Increasing the heater temperature in the print zone (if possible)
3) Increasing the pass count
4) Instituting an Inter-Pass Delay (Image Quality Maintenance Menu)

AF

Curious what inter pass delay setting people have used other than default. I agree with the 10 pass on vinyl.