• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP Latex LX 850

Romulo

We have problem when we sent something to print because the main roller move the media forward back the take up roller don’t pulled the media causing a bump we get a Head Strike
Thanks

AKwrapguy

Not quite sure what your asking.... So when you send something from the rip, the printer moves the media forward. But the take up roller isn't working and it causing the media to back up and it causes a head strike?

The issue than is the media take up reel.

Is this a new printer? Has it been working than stopped? Can you give us more info, what you posted is kinda vague. Do you have pics?

Some quick things to check. Is the take up reel turned on? Is it set to wind in the correct direction? Is there a way to control it from the main computer that might have gotten switch off? Does it make any odd noise or do you get any error messages? Does the 800 series have the capabilities of printing on split rolls, is it set up the what your doing?

Romulo

The printer is not new, we were working ok with the 63” media but when we change it for 126” media started the problem after we loaded the material when we sent to printed the test or a file
I will try it to sent a picture of the problem
Thanks

Romulo

image.jpg

GP_Oz

With not much info to go by,
Check your media settings.
Ive seen the same issue with a guy who cloned a PET profile to use on 440gsm 2.5 banner.
The tensions were completely not suitable.
1st
Clean your main drive roller.
2nd
Run it on generic banner and assess result.