• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex LX600 or LX800 - new inks?

ForgeInc

Just curious if any of you LX600 or LX800 owners have made the switchover to the new ink formulations yet? I heard the new inks are supposed to be more durable, and come along with a new option for double sided printing but curious if anyone has made the change and how much your profiles changed, how different your prints look, etc.?

cdiesel

We're still running the standard inks. I was told it's about $5k to upgrade the firmware and hardware to accept the new inks and give you double sided printing capabilities.

Everything we've printed so far on our machine has been laminated except for banners. Don't really see a need for increasing durability, and don't have a need to print double sided on the 800. We've got double sided printing down to a science on our Rolands and FB950, so if we need to go 4/4 on something, we'll use those machines.

ForgeInc

We actually have already been doing double sided on our lx, through some workarounds. Just curious how much the new features/inks actually add and if its worth it to be an early adopter....