• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Latex Maintenance Tech in MI?

Aaron Mulka

We are having problems printing darker solid colors, specifically right in the middle, it seems to not be drying correctly, mainly on blacks and dark blues only. Is this a heating element problem, I have tried many different profiles and heater settings. Still print with a "wet" streak down the middle of the printing surface. I have read that other people have had the same problem and replaced most of the heating elements but I can't seem to find any info on it or locate a HP or even a wide format tech in our area (Detroit). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Old Timer

Hi Aaron, we have the same issue with our hp 360 printing solid black. we started making about a.5" rainbow color bar on each side of the print and this seems to help.

AF

IR read the temps across the print. If even, then adjust your profile to use less ink and/or adjust heat and air and delay to dry it out

MonkeyB0y

We are having problems printing darker solid colors, specifically right in the middle, it seems to not be drying correctly, mainly on blacks and dark blues only. Is this a heating element problem, I have tried many different profiles and heater settings. Still print with a "wet" streak down the middle of the printing surface. I have read that other people have had the same problem and replaced most of the heating elements but I can't seem to find any info on it or locate a HP or even a wide format tech in our area (Detroit). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi

You are running an L360, correct?

From what you have stated in your post, you are having continuous curing issues in the print.

I would hazard a guess you may have blocked curing air holes in the curing module, in that specific area.

Has your printer ever had an SMK#3 service, how old is your printer?

If you answer no to the SMK#3, my suggestion could be the answer.

Two options, wire brush the upper part inside the curing module, making sure the brushes are facing towards the holes.

Otherwise you will need to remove the curing fans under the cover on the inside (platen side) to gain access.

Switch the printer off before attempting any remedy.