• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex Mobile App hooked up to someone else's printer?! WTF

r2prints

Not really a problem, just throwing it out there. I have the HP Latex Mobile app on my iPhone. Last night at around 3AM, my phone starts freaking out saying my "Latex 360 is connected to this device"...weird, I thought. I have a 310. Brushed it off as a glitch. Wokeup in the morning, and I have all of these notifications. Please load substrate, Device state- Idle, Now Printing, WTF? Check on my printer, it is in sleep mode.

Just went through the job log to see what is going on, come to find out, my phone is somehow connected to somebody else's printer. Searched up some of the file names (seems like jobs saved as InsertBusinessNameHere.pdf) and they're from all over the place, not even close to the region I am in. I am 100% positive I am the only one using a latex printer within at least a 20 mile radius. I have not traveled out of town in the past 2 days, nevermind at 3AM!

Just thought it was peculiar. Any HP reps or users experience this before?

r2prints

Just narrowed it down as they are now printing another job, seems to be in Alabama! As you can see, I am about 1,200 miles away from Alabama.