• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex not printing red

ljwhyte

Can any one urgently please help me, I have a Latex 360 and its not printing red, I have done a printhead check and that looks ok, what is going on?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't know why, maybe it's just this material you are using but your LM and M almost look the same. Same goes with LC and C.
Do your test on a vinyl and see how it looks.

Do you have fresh ink and good printheads installed?

My guess it's your material that needs profiling.

ljwhyte

I don't know why, maybe it's just this material you are using but your LM and M almost look the same. Same goes with LC and C.
Do your test on a vinyl and see how it looks.

Do you have fresh ink and good printheads installed?

My guess it's your material that needs profiling.
Its not printing red on the printout straight from the printer, and this happened when I did a firmware update

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Probably doesn't help but we've always hated the reds coming out of our HP's. Always come out a little orange no matter what. Saw a suggestion to create a profile that doesn't us lm or lc at all but haven't tried it. I'm not the print tech so....

dypinc

You'll never hit 185C but 186C you should get close. I have never really had a problem getting good reds but then I don't create the profiles with the printer internal profiling software. The printers spectro is okay if you use it from a RIP and create you profiles that way, or use an external spectro.

How do the reds look in your profiling target? That should give a good idea if it is really the printer or somewhere in your color management.

dypinc

Its not printing red on the printout straight from the printer, and this happened when I did a firmware update
Just happened to think about something when posting to another thread.

At one point there was a firmware update to the L360 that messed with the calibrations. The only way to get it back to printing correct color was was to create a new media preset (do not clone) and new calibration and then make a new profile on top of that with the printer or onyx. I would try that before anything else

beaulaland

beaulaland
Can any one urgently please help me, I have a Latex 360 and its not printing red, I have done a printhead check and that looks ok, what is going on?
we just had a similar problem with out latex hp printer, red started printing orange, after trying everything we changed the new print-head and it worked, (new print head happen to be bad)

NazGraphics1

i get that all the time red is orange download red color palate print it see which red you like and pick it to your artwork

MikePro

double check your magenta cartridge as well, sometimes it says 20mL remaining on the screen but when you pull out the cart it feels bone-dry.