• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Latex, Production Manager, Summa And Barcodes

iladi

I have problems getting to print and cut with barcodes.

- Printer HP Latex 310
- RIP: Flexi cloud

I generate an .eps file from Corel. Print with HP310, send cut to Summa D120. Marks: OPS barcode generated by RIP.

Load the sheet in the Summa and sent to cut 3 files that I have already printed.

The first cut is perfect: set the tool under the barcode, hit enter and PERFECT.

Then the tool advance to the next job (barcode), detects the barcode, reads the barcode lowers the optical reading part, goes to the origin and then moves 5 cm down the feed axis and another 10 cm in the opposite direction, bypass the origin with about 5 cm and start scan for the first mark.

After some time the mark is not found. Set manually above and, again it is not found.

iladi

OK, I figure it out:

add a Summa D120@onfile. Pointing to "Barcode" folder

Start Barcode server and point to same "Barcode" folder

print on HP, cut on Summa@onfile; save the f.plt files in "Barcode" folder

Change Summa@onfile with Summa@onUSB

Send files to cut.

TomK

I've been trying to get barcode's working with Flexi and my s2t for weeks now, no go. Someone on here says they have it working without the summa barcode server running, but that makes no sense as that is the entire purpose of the barcode, to read what file is next and ask flexi to send it.

How would this work if you are using your summa via the network and not usb, like in your example above?

iladi

I think it is the same thing.

In Production Manager I switch the port of the Summa cutter as needed:

- onfile when I have to generate .plt files for the barcode server

- on the usual port (it can be USB or ethernet) on regular jobs or when I want to sent the .plt files to the cutter.