• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex shut down time

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Just wanted to post this if anyone is looking for a search on this topic. I tried to find out if shutting down my HP Latex printer for an extended time was going to be ok, but couldn't find an answer.

the answer is yes, i turned it off and unplugged it 19 days ago and today it printed a roll of banner material without flaw.

Tim Aucoin

Makes sense though. It would definitely take longer than 19 days to clog the print heads on most inkjet printers. I've had my Epson Professional photo printer unplugged for over a month before without issue. It was nerve wrecking though, but it was during a pack up when we moved houses, so I sort of had no choice.

However, it's good to know that you actually took the plunge and tested the theory for real on the L25500. Kudos to you, and thanks for posting it! :thumb:

Definitely good to know. We took ours on a road trip about 10 miles without packing it up at all and started printing as soon as we got to the new shop. No problems

ddarlak

Go Bills!
couldn't be away from the shop for so long knowing this thing was humming away. even in sleep mode i can here the electric meter chugging away.

i tossed and turned over the decision but once i made it i didn't look back.

glad i did it.

i remember 12 years ago leaving my spalsh of color true solvent machine for a week or so..... oh my - what a mess that was.....

kyjoe340

I'm hate it but mine will be off for 4 months (May through August) we'll see what happens. I'll post it. I have talked to several techs that said it would be ok. One tech told me to take my print heads out.