• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP R1000 Layout Question

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Hey all,

Have an R1000 coming in this week coming and want to prep a few files to run. We currently run 4 570s along w Onxy 19, this will be our 1st "flatbed".

I'm curious how most folks are approaching bleed for full bleed jobs, are you using negative margins successfully, just adding the suggested amount of bleed or are you using another process? Our workflow is Adobe Illy/PS > Onxy.

I'd also welcome any other input on the R1000 (outside of any why did you get the when you could get.... as it's here Monday!) ;)

TIA

Brandon708

Congrats on the purchase. I should be getting mine hopfully next Monday. Excited to get printing on it.

Whats up with the huge Google ad right in the middle of your post?

Hey all,

Have an R1000 coming in this week coming and want to prep a few files to run. We currently run 4 570s along w Onxy 19, this will be our 1st "flatbed".

I'm curious how most folks are approaching bleed for full bleed jobs, are you using negative margins successfully, just adding the suggested amount of bleed or are you using another process? Our workflow is Adobe Illy/PS > Onxy.

I'd also welcome any other input on the R1000 (outside of any why did you get the when you could get.... as it's here Monday!) ;)

TIA

Define the board in the IPS as slightly larger than the actual size.

Link for double-sided setup:
https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/blog/how-print-double-side-hp-latex-r-series-printer

Last edited:

greysquirrel

Firstly, Congrats! We have had one for about a year now and it is a beast! It may not be the fastest printer but the IQ is close to the Swiss Q. We run most items in 3-4 pass for production...the color white color is slow but if you price it right and run in off hours can be very profitable. The adhesion to glass and acrylic are the best in the market...no adhesion promoters required. HP's tech support on this product has been nothing but stellar. They will call you if your printer gets an error and needs attention if yo don't flag them fast enough. Do your maintenance and clean your belt every other week with alcohol and the brush they provide. The belt is designed to be printed on, but if you run a ton of lawn signs like us over the last 2 months...about 4k...the belt can get busy with optimizer and ink because of full bleed printing...that can have an affect on vacuum...not saying it does, but corrugated plastic likes full vacuum when running through ours.
Don't be lazy...dial in every media you plan to run with your own custom media type. Everyone's environment is different...make them while the tech is there so you have no questions going forward...they are not difficult to do...you will have amazing success with your own.
Keep a web wipe roll in stock at all times...the more you print, the faster you will run through them...

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Congrats on the purchase. I should be getting mine hopfully next Monday. Excited to get printing on it.

Whats up with the huge Google ad right in the middle of your post?

Thx and good luck! She showed up today, is uncrated, in place and juiced up!! Don't know on the big ole ad.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Firstly, Congrats! We have had one for about a year now and it is a beast! It may not be the fastest printer but the IQ is close to the Swiss Q. We run most items in 3-4 pass for production...the color white color is slow but if you price it right and run in off hours can be very profitable. The adhesion to glass and acrylic are the best in the market...no adhesion promoters required. HP's tech support on this product has been nothing but stellar. They will call you if your printer gets an error and needs attention if yo don't flag them fast enough. Do your maintenance and clean your belt every other week with alcohol and the brush they provide. The belt is designed to be printed on, but if you run a ton of lawn signs like us over the last 2 months...about 4k...the belt can get busy with optimizer and ink because of full bleed printing...that can have an affect on vacuum...not saying it does, but corrugated plastic likes full vacuum when running through ours.
Don't be lazy...dial in every media you plan to run with your own custom media type. Everyone's environment is different...make them while the tech is there so you have no questions going forward...they are not difficult to do...you will have amazing success with your own.
Keep a web wipe roll in stock at all times...the more you print, the faster you will run through them...
Thx and encouraging words, not too worried on speed right now, purchased it for it's versatility along with our familiarity with HP Latex.I plan to create profiles while the tech is here indeed. I will order another wipe roll right away, I imagine we will go thru the 1st one a little quicker than down the road. Any input substrate prep, mainly Coroplast, PVC and MaxMetal/Eco-Alu panel, 080 aluminum blanks?

Thanks again for the input!