• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion HP R1000 tilling and join panels issue

Vince_L

Hi Everyone, I hope I can find help in this forum regarding tilling jobs on HP R1000. I have issues for joining 2 ACM panels size 1035mm w x 3040mm h to make large sign with finish size 2070mm w x 3040mm h. Please advice if anyone had the same problem for tiling ACM Panel using this expensive machine. Thanks

Vince_L

What exactly is the problem? ACM is not really something that's changing size due to heat.
I agree that ACM is not changing size especially when I put only 80 degree curing and 40 degree printing.
I have prepare the file as 1 single file 2070mm w x 3040mm h with 8mm bleed and split into 1035mm wide in Onyx with 8mm bleed so basically the file that is printed is 1051mm x 3056mm. We cut the panels on our CNC to make sure they are square and feed to the machine individually. After we print and join these 2 panels, the image sifted even the first panels and the second panel when feeding also not consistent.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I just think you are simply doing something wrong on your workflow. If you have precision cut boards and single load, I can't imagine the machine going off more than 1mm max. Obviously unless you have some other problem on it which we don't know about.
Why 8mm bleed, it's a bit much don't you think? 2mm should be enough.
How are you positioning the image? Are you centering it or cornering in IPS? Are you inputting the correct board size on it?

Is it only this ACM tiling that you are having issues or is there any other problems unrelated to this?

Vince_L

I just think you are simply doing something wrong on your workflow. If you have precision cut boards and single load, I can't imagine the machine going off more than 1mm max. Obviously unless you have some other problem on it which we don't know about.
Why 8mm bleed, it's a bit much don't you think? 2mm should be enough.
How are you positioning the image? Are you centering it or cornering in IPS? Are you inputting the correct board size on it?

Is it only this ACM tiling that you are having issues or is there any other problems unrelated to this?
Even 8mm bleed we have missed the join, do you think 2mm will work :).
Basically we have trouble doing join panels on our R1000, I just want to know if someone else having this issue. By the way looking at your Icon, are you a hp tech?
Thanks

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I have experience on R-series.
Really if you are missing the boards with 8mm bleed you have something seriously wrong.
I would personally use 1-2mm bleed on a job like that with zero problems.

How old is the unit? Maybe your loading bar is not correct, OMAS is dirty or something. Anyway I would get in touch with a tech to look at it.

Last edited:

Vince_L

My machine is almost 3 years old and I have all the HP Tech looking at my machine and set it up but still I have more than 2 mm different on 2.4 metre long ACM panel. Please have a look at the attached file. Thank you.

Attachments

• 68964469973__F27C0844-E450-4E9B-BB26-F5F02391BB3A.jpg
    68964469973__F27C0844-E450-4E9B-BB26-F5F02391BB3A.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 79

Vince_L

I have experience on R-series.
Really if you are missing the boards with 8mm bleed you have something seriously wrong.
I would personally use 1-2mm bleed on a job like that with zero problems.

How old is the unit? Maybe your loading bar is not correct, OMAS is dirty or something. Anyway I would get in touch with a tech to look at it.
Just to clarify, I did not missing the boards with 8 mm bleed.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
My machine is almost 3 years old and I have all the HP Tech looking at my machine and set it up but still I have more than 2 mm different on 2.4 metre long ACM panel. Please have a look at the attached file. Thank you.
So this is the long joint along the two boards of 2070x3040?
To me it looks like the positioning of the file on board is wrong. Bleed is printing on the board not outside of it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Apropos of nothing...Measuring something in thousands of minuscule units is meaningless. Measuring something that large in millimeters is ridiculous. Few humans can deal with 1 part in 100 let alone one part in 2 or 3 thousand. Yet Another reason why the English human-centric system is far superior to metric in informal measurements.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Apropos of nothing...Measuring something in thousands of minuscule units is meaningless. Measuring something that large in millimeters is ridiculous. Few humans can deal with 1 part in 100 let alone one part in 2 or 3 thousand. Yet Another reason why the English human-centric system is far superior to metric in informal measurements.
Informal maybe but for example in this case it doesn't matter at all. So much easier to work with metric.