• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500/550 Ink line clogged?

Isaac_K

We're using a bulk ink system with INX inks, and our night operator accidentally let the yellow ink run out. After installing a new ink box, the ink reservoir has had trouble filling. It initially stopped at 18% a few times, once reached 44%, but now it won't go past 1%. We've tried flushing and refilling several times without success.

See the below picture. I suspect this is some sort of filter that might have clogged up somehow.

IMG_0495 2.jpeg
IMG_0496 2.jpeg

1. Is this filter really necessary? There's another filter upstream towards the bulk ink box a mere 1-2 feet up the line.
2. What's the part number for this line and air filter assembly?

I don't have much experience with this machine, so I could be completely wrong. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

**EDIT** I just realized that the line in second picture is NOT the clogged line. The actual clogged line (yellow) is leaking ink at the top of that cylinder piece.

Last edited: