• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500/550 Ink line clogged?

Isaac_K

We're using a bulk ink system with INX inks, and our night operator accidentally let the yellow ink run out. After installing a new ink box, the ink reservoir has had trouble filling. It initially stopped at 18% a few times, once reached 44%, but now it won't go past 1%. We've tried flushing and refilling several times without success.

See the below picture. I suspect this is some sort of filter that might have clogged up somehow.

IMG_0495 2.jpeg
IMG_0496 2.jpeg

1. Is this filter really necessary? There's another filter upstream towards the bulk ink box a mere 1-2 feet up the line.
2. What's the part number for this line and air filter assembly?

I don't have much experience with this machine, so I could be completely wrong. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

**EDIT** I just realized that the line in second picture is NOT the clogged line. The actual clogged line (yellow) is leaking ink at the top of that cylinder piece.

Last edited:

DJAvocado

Isaac_k Im having the same problem. It says my magenta printhead cant fill and I find it weird because it happened right after an ink box change. Is everything still running good for you?

Isaac_K

Isaac_k Im having the same problem. It says my magenta printhead cant fill and I find it weird because it happened right after an ink box change. Is everything still running good for you?

Where did you buy new line/filter?
Still seems to be working for us but we haven't had time to extensively test as our UV lamp housing went out the same day. If it happened right after an ink box change I'd try flushing and refilling a few times before giving up. Maybe try changing the ink box and try bypassing one of those disc filters? I'm pretty convinced it was the filter that got clogged on ours.

We found a spare lying around so we were able to just replace that portion of the line. Don't have a part # unfortunately...hoping someone can update this thread with it so we can purchase some backup.