• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Scitex FB500 Black dropout and over spray Help

Our HP Scitex FB500 is suddenly having troubles with its black printing.

It's most notifiable in our labels and registration marks (created by ONYX) but also noticing it in the prints as well.

(See attached photos)

When we notice it doing this we will have the printer do some air purges and sometimes it gets better. We have also done many manual head cleanings. It comes and goes. and the stranger thing is we can so a few air purges and then a health check and its almost got all the jets back and if it sets for a while and we do another health check its back to missing some jets again. (like you see in the photo)

Any suggestions, recommendations?

Charles

P.S. see 3rd photo, how the registration marks seemed to get a little better and then the very next print its dropping out again.

Attachments

• IMG-8191.JPG
    IMG-8191.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG-8192.jpg
    IMG-8192.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG-8193.JPG
    IMG-8193.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 256
Last edited:

signman315

Signmaker
Bad ink, HP been having problems with black and magenta scitex inks. Could be something else, but first thing to check is call HP and provide lot number, info, etc and they will have you do a few tests before sending you a replacement cartridge.

greysquirrel

Look at the reservoir...there is an oring that may be acting up. If you know how to separate the reservoir clean, dry replace...bring a 500, how old is the filter behind the ink box..I’d replace that as well.

Great Signs

Hi Charles
I would say this is 100% an bad Black ink Issue... I have experienced the exact same thing 4 times now.
Contact HP and they will send you out a replacement box of ink.
you will need to empty and refill the heads 3 times to get all the bad ink out of the system.
here is the phone number for HP 1.800.204.6344... choose option #2 then Option #1 and the will start a case for you.
They will want to know the Lot # on the ink Box, the Warranty Date on the box, your printer Serial # and the will want a photo of the Prime Bars test print...
They are really good about replacing them because they know they are having ink issues.

Good luck

Bad ink, HP been having problems with black and magenta scitex inks. Could be something else, but first thing to check is call HP and provide lot number, info, etc and they will have you do a few tests before sending you a replacement cartridge.

Looks like a batch of bad black HP ink, we swapped for a new box and flushed the lines and heads and haven't had any issues yet.

Thanks for the input.