• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Scitex FB500 Camera Headboard Error

briansipsy

Every time my printer tries to measure the media, I get the following error:

E-HB-102 Headboard incomplete camera data
Technical Information: headboard not communicating properly with camera. Check/replace camera flex, headboard, camera assembly.

Anyone experienced this issue before? I've checked the camera and it seems to be fine and unobstructed. The ribbon cables connecting the camera to the board seem fine, and the cables were properly seated on the board as well.

I've spoken with HP and they're going to charge $195 just to call me and try to figure out the issue, so add on the price of whatever part(s) I'll have to order and I have a feeling this could be pretty expensive.

Craig Malmberg

Every time my printer tries to measure the media, I get the following error:

E-HB-102 Headboard incomplete camera data
Technical Information: headboard not communicating properly with camera. Check/replace camera flex, headboard, camera assembly.

Anyone experienced this issue before? I've checked the camera and it seems to be fine and unobstructed. The ribbon cables connecting the camera to the board seem fine, and the cables were properly seated on the board as well.

I've spoken with HP and they're going to charge $195 just to call me and try to figure out the issue, so add on the price of whatever part(s) I'll have to order and I have a feeling this could be pretty expensive.
What was the final resolution with HP?

Alex Stevenson

Just had the same problem and spoke with my engineer friend, resolution is to power off the machine, clean the encoder strip and disconnect and reconnect the LDVS cable from the headboard (you may have to cut the cable ties on this and put some new ones on). Power the machine back on and it should start working again, did with ours.:)