• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500 convertiable flatbed

Prairieboy

I thinking of a new convertiable flatbed the HP Scitex FB500 seems to have the features I want, but would like to know of any problem any users have had with this machine. As with any product the sales staff think there printers are the best so I am hoping for some real world insite. :thankyou:

hydo1

We have had one since April and I really do like it. It uses quite a bit of ink for it's automatic print head cleaning, but if you can ramp up your output then I think it would offset that cost.

We got the roll to roll option but not the white ink. I've only heard bad things about the white ink option and I don't foresee us ever using it so we passed.

It prints onto banners, cor-x, sintra/styrene very easily. I've done a few jobs on aluminum and dibond but I still get worried if the material isn't totally flat before printing. It has a way to lower its rollers to hold the material down but you will lose 12" on the front and 12" on the back (approximately).

Really our only problem with it is that is finding more work for it.