• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp scitex fb500

Boykin

Hello everyone.
I've just purchased an HP SCITEX FB500 uv printer and I have ZERO knowledge on it I'm looking for someone that could teach me how to use it like videos or phone call ill pay

greysquirrel

Best thing to do is hook up with a local reseller that will sell you ink and hopefully provide service. Who set the printer up for you? Couldn't they train you?

Boykin

I bought it use and it was already set up but the seller was killed in an car accident and now I'm stuck with some questions about this printer.
Like and error code
E-HM-50 Carriage encoder cable not sensed

Attachments

• 20231004_221724.jpg
    20231004_221724.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
I bought it use and it was already set up but the seller was killed in an car accident and now I'm stuck with some questions about this printer.
Like and error code
Caution: Power off the printer before reseating the data cable. Failure to turn the printer off before reseating the data cable may cause severe hardware damage and require service to repair the printer.
Check these cables

FB500 Cables.jpg

You may need to remove the carriage cover.
If so, just remove these 4 screws.
FB500 Cables2.jpg

Make sure those cables are in place and secure/seated properly.

Turnergraphics

Hello everyone.
I've just purchased an HP SCITEX FB500 uv printer and I have ZERO knowledge on it I'm looking for someone that could teach me how to use it like videos or phone call ill pay
What state are you in? Do you get the same error on every restart? A lot of the error codes you get on these machines are bogus and due to something simple that's why I ask do you always get that error on restart?

Turnergraphics

Like and error code
Encoder reader could be bad. Years back I had carriage errors. New encoder reader fixed it. Also the brushes wear out every few years on the carriage motor