• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB550 Training and Service

MacD

Looking at FB550 from a shop that closed. Machine in good shape and I will have it moved to my location. But need a Company to come re-install and train.
I'm located in Indiana does anyone know a company that can do this? I don't want to have to pay for someone from CA or TX to do this someone close to my location would be needed.

ikarasu

At this point, I'd stay away from the FB550.

They announced end of life / support on it... It's good until I believe the end of 2024? so 3 more years... but I may be off on that date. From there finding parts might be hard... You wont be able to get OEM ink, etc. It's slow, old technology... So unless youre getting it for next to nothing, I'd stay away from it.

Training on it is easy. If you run a wide format printer, it wont be much of a change. Depending on how you decommision it, it might not be bad also. If all you do is empty the lines then setting it up should be pretty quick and I doubt you'd need training for that either.

Ldireprophil

I've run a 550 every day for 4 years. The only thing I've replaced on it is the little shop vac that sits under the waste tray to suck out the expelled ink and HP shipped it to me at no charge. I use 3rd party inks which are cheaper and last longer. If you can get a deal on it, under $17,000 I'd say do it. There isn't any real "training" for the printer itself, if you know your design/rip software that's all you really need to know.

DaveD

I may need to replace some heads on our FB750. Can someone recommend a tech in the NW Washington area?