• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB700 Blues printing purple.

BigJerm

Ok, so I've run every type of test, calibrated (not the best results) however all heads are printing correctly on Photo and Photo Plus. But my cyan looks no different than my light cyan. When I try to print darker blues they look more purple. I've thoroughly manually cleaned the heads. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_111002188.jpg
    IMG_20180823_111002188.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 518
  • IMG_20180823_110957290.jpg
    IMG_20180823_110957290.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20180823_110926423.jpg
    IMG_20180823_110926423.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_20180823_110911875.jpg
    IMG_20180823_110911875.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 401
  • IMG_20180823_110855136.jpg
    IMG_20180823_110855136.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 364
  • IMG_20180823_110849296.jpg
    IMG_20180823_110849296.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 409

flyplainsdrifta

is it only on photo and photo plus or is it every print mode?

also damn what're you printing that needs that kind of resolution??

flyplainsdrifta

agree with colorado. or rip?

also is there vertical banding? i have had it happen where our carriage system(wheels n bearings) wore out and was causing color shifting like that. super trippy and super annoying. had to have the whole assy replaced.

BigJerm

It's doing it on all profiles. Was using manufacturer media types. Was having issues with ink curing. Just found out I could change the lamp settings if I created media types. I'm pretty new to all this. When new problems arise I'm at a loss.

signman315

Signmaker
Chances are some kind of profile/software settings. But food for thought...I’ve had Scitex ink cartridges filled with the wrong ink. Mine had light magenta in a magenta cartridge. It’s a tough one to figure out because who would think but I’ve had it happen multiple times with scitex and once with and HP latex too. But you can eliminate the possibility with a quick call to the vendor you bought the ink from.

ikarasu

Do you shake your ink boxes every week? Our Cyan looked good when printing the nozzles... but ever remax sign was purple instead of blue.

Our tech told us to goto "Replace printhead" and empty the ink lines... shake the box, re-fill the lines... and after 5-6 cleanings, all the nozzles came back and everything was fine. Thats an extreme measure though, you waste a good 5-10% of each ink cart doing it.

Have you ever had good blues? What values is your rip using for the deep blues your trying to print?

BigJerm

Was told yesterday by vendor that it may be a corrupted cart. Supposed just send them a picture this morning to determine whether that's the case or not. I'll keep you guys updated thanks for the help

BigJerm

Do you shake your ink boxes every week? Our Cyan looked good when printing the nozzles... but ever remax sign was purple instead of blue.

Our tech told us to goto "Replace printhead" and empty the ink lines... shake the box, re-fill the lines... and after 5-6 cleanings, all the nozzles came back and everything was fine. Thats an extreme measure though, you waste a good 5-10% of each ink cart doing it.

Have you ever had good blues? What values is your rip using for the deep blues your trying to print?

yes we've been able to print good Blues in the past and nothing has changed other than maybe the material is coming from a different vendor. However the material isn't so drastically different that it would merit this kind of extreme change.

BigJerm

I will say that multiple people have asked me have we accidentally put the wrong ink in the wrong place but I'll double-check that and that's not the case for sure.

BigJerm

I've tried multiple profiles on different quality settings in in order to see whether that was the case or not. I've also downloaded the trial version of Onyx. We have been using Flexi thinking that it might have been a software issue.

LarryB

The same thing has happened to two of my friends. Turned out HP had incorrectly labeled the box wrong. This messed up his head and HP replaced it at no charge.

Call your vendor and give them the lot number of the ink and they should be able to tell.

flyplainsdrifta

no that absolutely sounds like a bag issue. could be the filter. check the hoses!!! if there is a kink in the line that can do it!!! happened to me last year. when you open the box, if the collar for the cap is not above the cardboard where it should be the hose can kink when you go upside down to connect the bag to the nozzle.

parrott

Same thing has been happening to us for the past month or so. Blues are printing purple and we have tried everything to correct. Never would have thought HP could make such a big mistake by mislabeling the box.

signman315

Signmaker
no that absolutely sounds like a bag issue. could be the filter. check the hoses!!! if there is a kink in the line that can do it!!! happened to me last year. when you open the box, if the collar for the cap is not above the cardboard where it should be the hose can kink when you go upside down to connect the bag to the nozzle.
Boxes can be mislabeled for sure but this is also all good calls from Flyplainsdrifta. There can be kinks in the lines or the filter at the end of the line attached to the cart can be plugged...press the little white “nipple” on the end of the filter and ink should drip out...if it doesn’t you can replace it with a good one from an old cart. There are also filters on the lines both inside the user end shroud and on the carriage...those should be checked as well and replaced at least yearly depending on your volume. Good thinking Flyplains!

AMGearhart

I find this very, very interesting. On Friday, I had to leave early while doing 3 large prints. The first was okay. I set up the second and asked a coworker to load the third for me. All were running off the same file. But when I came into work today, I saw that all three were different colors. The second print had less blue than the first. And the third even less than that.

Nozzle tests show no clogs, but the level of cyan is lighter than my light cyan. I've cleaned, purged, on/off, emptied, filled, shaken, and I'm at my wit's end. I've not had any free time to really learn this machine, and all three large panels are a must for tomorrow.