• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB700 Head Height Calibration Issues...PLEASE HELP!

BigJerm

I had just printed on the HP Scitex FB700 the Friday before Christmas. The quality was poor but would get by in some instances. We lost power twice in a just a couple days prior to printing. I came in that Saturday and the machine would not print. I attempted to load the media and it gave me an error that stated I needed to perform a head height calibration. After a little research I found out how to do a head height cal. Only thing is now that I've gotten that far, the option when I go to Tools>Service Printer>Service Calibrations, Service Calibrations isn't there. Not sure how to proceed.I've contacted HP Support which I'm not sure was a successful endeavor or not. The guy I spoke with's, while I'm sure his grammar was much better than mine, accent was super thick. Have any of you come across a problem like this and if so what did you do about it? Thanks in advance!

gregwallace

I believe the service calibrations are part of the service mode options. You will need to find something called POD test and enter a 16 digit code. This will unlock new options that you couldn’t see otherwise. I’ll send you the code shortly.
Are you sure the printer is not referring to the media height detector? If so that would be a very simple fix.

pkeshtgani

That menu is hidden you need to go to
System > tools > service printer > device test > pod test > press the following
Up up up up up down up down up up down down up up up down
Go back to two pages than go back to device test you should calibration items.
Let me know if you need any other help

BigJerm

I believe the service calibrations are part of the service mode options. You will need to find something called POD test and enter a 16 digit code. This will unlock new options that you couldn’t see otherwise. I’ll send you the code shortly.
Are you sure the printer is not referring to the media height detector? If so that would be a very simple fix.
Yes I'm sure. Actually going down the line and Media Height is there as well. Do any of you know if you go back to defaults if it may correct these issues? I'm sure something has happened since we lost power twice. I think it usually auto-calibrates all these. I'm really new to all this; so I'm really flying by the seat of my pants. It's a little scary. I've searched for some kind of video help to no avail.

BigJerm

That menu is hidden you need to go to
System > tools > service printer > device test > pod test > press the following
Up up up up up down up down up up down down up up up down
Go back to two pages than go back to device test you should calibration items.
Let me know if you need any other help
Thanks a lot! Really! I may need more help. I've never done this before.

BigJerm

I have a feeler gauge. No clue what I'm supposed to set it to. Says on the display that it's supposed to be set to .085.

Last edited:

BigJerm

Ok. So if I've got this correct: I use the feeler gauge combine the appropriate "shims" to add up to be .085 in. However, every time I attempt to move the carriage to measure the gap from the belt to the platen it errs and sends the carriage back to it's home position.

BigJerm

Error: Service Station Initialization Failure
It won't let me move the carriage in order to get a reading. Well, I can manually move the carriage. Then it won't let me move the rail. So when I attempt to move the rail it gives me that error. Then sends the carriage back home.

flyplainsdrifta

last time i had gotten my 700 in a weird loop like that i had to get a tech out to do a full recal. id get a tech in early next week if you can.