• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB700 info?

PrintQueen

We came across a reasonably priced 2014 model with about 430,000 sq/ft printed. I'm wondering if this is a high or low number for this type of machine? We currently only have an HP Latex 365 and a Designjet, so we're not too familiar with the life expectancy of a UV machine. We're trying to figure out if we're going to take a step backwards if we make the purchase. We don't want to put more work into it due to it being older.. Looking for experiences, info, resources, thoughts, etc.

I'm really wanting the HP Latex R1000+, but we are still working on the budget for that puppy. Exploring other options right now.. any input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

flyplainsdrifta

Not sure how that is because i havent looked at my production counts lately, but just keep in mind, they will have probably a bout 2-3 years of life/support from hp at this point. they've given the date of EOS from what ive seen/heard. so if youre looking at this as a stop gap until you can budget something faster/newer, it should do the trick. what do you guys do most of at this point? just trying to get an idea of if this machine would be good for the amount of output you are expecting.

PrintQueen

Not sure how that is because i havent looked at my production counts lately, but just keep in mind, they will have probably a bout 2-3 years of life/support from hp at this point. they've given the date of EOS from what ive seen/heard. so if youre looking at this as a stop gap until you can budget something faster/newer, it should do the trick. what do you guys do most of at this point? just trying to get an idea of if this machine would be good for the amount of output you are expecting.

Right now, we are doing a lot of printing on adhesive vinyl and mounting onto rigid substrates, so we're thinking that a flatbed printer, that can print directly onto the rigid substrates, may be the route to go. We are still exploring other options as well. We're on a lease with Konica Minolta for our small format production machines, so they're trying to get us on board with their AccurioWide hybrid UV LED machines, and we've got some Ricoh reps pushing the TF6250, so I think I'll be doing my homework for a while...

flyplainsdrifta

id say the flatbed would definitely help you alot then, espcially since you are used to print/mount work flow. your quality may be reduced depending on what printer your using for the p/m, but with the indoor/indoor+/photo modes at roughly 7/9/12 minutes a sheet would most likely suffice. it would open you up a bit more as well to what you can produce at that size. corro, foam, and pvc are gonna run very well, so if those are some of your regular substrates, youre good to go.

PrintQueen

those are definitely the most common substrates for us. I think I may look into it to bridge the gap until I can afford my dream machine hahah
thanks for your input, i appreciate the feedback!

flyplainsdrifta

those are definitely the most common substrates for us. I think I may look into it to bridge the gap until I can afford my dream machine hahah

of course! id say itll definitely be a huge help in speeding up your workflow, and with nazdar bringing out the inkset for that printer, you may be able to run it till you can get that dream machine!

supersignmart

Be careful your dream machine may be the same nightmare so many have had. I’d speak to at least 4 users and run plenty samples. Watch actual speed and actual cost both are no where near what HP advertises.