• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions HP Scitex FB700 print quality

Rachel Bigelow

Just started a new position at an image360. They have a Scitex FB700 that I haven't had to best luck with quality on. Styrene .40 is the most i'm having trouble with, even foam core. The photo plus along with fine text gets me a pretty good print but it's almost stupid to do that when printing vinyl and mounting it takes half the time than to print it. What does everyone use this printer for mostly? They are looking to get a router but I haven't even been able to print full sheets without getting head strikes. This problem is mostly because of the ink build up on the belt (the belt is supposed to be green but it's all black right now). Any help or suggestions that have experience with this printer?

LarryB

Definitely need to get the ink off the belt. I would soak the belt with isopropyl alcohol and cover with mask or shrink wrap. .040 styrene is tough enough to print.

greysquirrel

This will work for sure...alcohol, simple green will not.
Buy 3-4 of these and scrub

Attachments

• IMG_5437.JPG
    IMG_5437.JPG
    752.9 KB · Views: 323

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I would be hesitant to put any thing other than a little soapy water on the belt. I have the best luck cleaning with scraps of high tac vinyl, and a plastic razor blade for the really built up areas. Lay the vinyl scraps it on the belt and it pulls up the ink - it's time consuming, but worth it when you're doing a large run hand you have to keep re-setting things up because the alignment bar keeps hitting something (ink).

AndyT

we use 2 options for cleaning the belt. We first use vinyl sticker rest, just put some one the place is where the ink is on the belt. rub it and remove, after that we use alcohol. Sorry if my english is bad but i will add a picture about what i mean

Attachments

• 20200324_093931.jpg
    20200324_093931.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 295
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 301