• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex Flatbed Printers!

Molenbeek

Have you been looking at the HP Scitex FB500 Flatbed printers?
Can't get a hold of one for months and want one/ need one?!?!

What about the FB700- but don't want to wait until July to get one?

We have a FB500 and a FB700 in stock and ready to ship!

www.advantagesignsupply.com
877-237-4464

Give us a call and we will get you up and running!

SignManiac

I'm curious, but what is the FB700 going for in todays market. I have the FB950 and am very pleased with it. The FB700 looks to be a newer version of mine.

BPSAFF

HP FB500 and 700

I just returned from the HP Experience in Atlanta yesterday. Was able to spend one on one time with a service tech and watched and worked with both the HP FB500 and 700. Very sweet printers. The 500 is perfect for a small to midsize shop that does between 500k to 850K in gross sales. Smaller footprint and with all the bells and whistles will cost about $125k. They have the white ink option, additional tables, roll to roll. Will do about 375 sq/ft/hr on outdoor quality. The 700 is much larger. Do not need the extra tables unless you plan to feed two 48" x 96" sheets in side by side. The 700 is in the ball park of $175K. Same print speed just had the billboard print option and can be controlled with a foot pedal. Pretty cool option. Would be a great printer for a larger shop. The inks are in the 3L box size and costs in the range of $500/box. The ink adhesion is unreal. I was not able to scratch the ink off with a quarter. Bent, folded and twisted a printed sheet of 4mm coro and this didnt even crack or damage the ink. The colors were also some of the best I have seen. Was using the Onyx Rip and print some of my own files. I currently have the old Colorspan 5465. Night and day. I had my sights and wallet set on the Gerber Ion but since that printer has been discontinued I am now leaning toward the FB500. Would love to hear from anyone who has a FB500.

SignManiac

Thanks for the info BPSAFF. I guess the only difference between the FB700 and mine is the white ink option and that's never been an issue for us. I will say that I'm very happy with our machine and it has been a real reliable machine with great print quality.

SBTJC

LOVE our FB700

We got the FB700 and it is GREAT! Fast, great color, easy to use. My only complaint is HP should put a 10" screen on it.

Great Video!

ForgeInc

We also have an fb700. Like any equipment, it has plusses and minuses. Feel free to contact me for more detail, happy to share our experiences.

AdamWhatleyTech

HP FB500 Ink Peeling

I have an HP FB500 Scitex. I have had a couple complaints from a couple of customers (real estate agents) saying the ink is peeling off they're coroplast signs. Now, what they're doing is getting their signs printed double sided (For Sale on one side and Sold on the other). When they go to place these signs in the frames they're basically back to back. They're saying when they go to pull the signs apart that's when the ink peels off. Has anyone else had any issues like this with their Scitex 500? What am I doing wrong?

As far as my printing process goes, I print one side and let it dry for at least half a day and then print the other side. I clean off the media with Isopropyl Alcohol before printing as well.

Any Suggestions??

Thanks!