• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex LX850 Banner Printing Issue

Hello,

We have had an LX850 for the past 2 years and its run great, recently we are having issues printing
10 ft banner. Whenever it start printing the material jams on the back side where the rubber wheel is.
Tension is up all the way but it just doesn't have the power to do it itself. We have been able
to do a quick fix by manual applying little pressure with our hands but it only gets so far.
How do you know if its a motor issue?

bigbrandprint

do you have any pictures of the jamming? i used to run an 850 and its hard to imagine it jamming from the backside.

As mentioned how does it look when it jams on the rear? Do you mean its trying to feed too much in the back end and thats getting stuck in the pinch rollers and main roller? I've never seen anything like this pictures would be good.

There is only a few issues that could occur from the motor really. Has it ever failed on start up initialisation with a 44 or 45 error code? (45 rear i think). If the motor was struggling due to a failure or a high friction it would shut down the servo from too high PWM. There is a motor burn test in the engineers menu that you can run for set time and it measures the friction etc reports back if out of spec. However, if it was really that bad to cause you are talking about then it definitely wouldn't even get past boot up or printing in my opinion.

Please don't take this the wrong way but is the user loading up the material correctly (perpendicular front to back roll) as i've seen some of my operators normally cause issues like this when loading poorly... although it never really causes an issue before the print platen.

Have you checked all your pinch rollers to see if all are free moving and non have collapsed?

K

We have always loaded the printer the same way, we have done test prints on 10 ft mesh and 10 ft fabric and we don't have these issues. We print on 8 ft banner and nothing but on the heavy 10 ft rolls it keeps jamming for some reason.
We have tried taping it over and under on the take up reel but right before the first pass starts as the machine is warming up this happens. Please view the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_3860.jpg
    IMG_3860.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145

flyplainsdrifta

this may be a dumb question, but is your spindle deflating or slipping? ive had that happen if i lose pressure and it just spins on it self and bunches up material in the platen/heating area.