Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Scitex or R1000

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by Chris - Charlotte, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Chris - Charlotte

Chris - Charlotte New Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    Looking to move into rigid production in house. We have been sourcing and the numbers are right. Any insight into the FB scitex? Or make the jump into the R1000 Latex? I have been told they are stopping service in 5-7 years on the scitex. Which makes me skeptical on buying new.

Have had a few dealers mention getting a refurbished HP Scitex for fairly cheap but the machines are impossible to find.

Tags:
  2. ABA Visibility Products

ABA Visibility Products Merchant Member

Jan 3, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    You can purchase my FB700.

The FB series is very old and based on old technology when HP bought out Colorspan. It will work but there are many better options out there that are much more up to date and comparable in pricing.

3. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    I would most definitely go for the R-series if you have the use for it (at least twice the speed of FB).

If you are lucky you have a chance to snag a refurb/used R as well. If it's from HP it comes with a full warranty too. Those tend to go quite fast tho.

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    was interested in the FB when I first started shopping flatbeds, but I'm in LOVE with the R-series's design/function. Soooo close to pulling the trigger, but I need more sq.ft'age in the shop I can dedicate to a clean area.

5. Chris - Charlotte

Jan 28, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    We are in the same boat MikePro. The more I am reading on the R series along with out great experience with the Latex 360, that is the long term solution I want. But the price tag is holding us back right now

6. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Look into more of a standard UV ink printer....LED types of lamps are amazing. You should be able to find something reasonably priced between the R series and the old scitex. Sometimes you need to widen your field of view to find the diamond out there that fits your needs and budget.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    EFI make a great machine. The 16H is hybrid and we like it. We also run the 24F form EFI as a dedicated flatbed.

8. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Apparently someone here is off-ing an anapurna 2500 machine. Thats a solid UV printer. Based on Dili technology with agfa nameplate only.

--- Check that...more info and its a dead machine. Sorry.

9. Chris - Charlotte

Jan 28, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    I will need to look into the EFI as well. Looked into Roland, Mimaki etc.. Price is there but they are slower outputting machines, than what is needed in our competitive market

10. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    I agree with Bill, there's lots of offerings for LED UV machines that are solid machines.