• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Scitex Xl 1500

Jboogie214

Does anyone know how to calibrate this machine. Ive done it but I think i may still be missing a step here or there. Especially after doing the L/R cyan Adjustment.

Also does anyone have a similar problem were the machine just stalls out. I just starts to purge right down the middle of our 10ft roll. It happens time and time again. We swapped out the video card and also the cables. I was told it could be the carriage power supply.

Anyone with experience or knowledge would be greatly helpful in resolving this issue.

rfulford

You want to perform the steps in the dialog from left to right printing out each target and entering the values in order. Its worth mentioning that you have probably the most knowledgeable XL tech around in Forney TX. If you can you should try to get a hold of Luther Allison at XL and Beyond.

Cyan left right alignment
Print out the cyan left right alignment and look at the entire width of the media. Try to get a good average by focusing on the center of the material. I would let the edges go blurry if I have to. Subtract or add the number you choose from the value currently entered in the box for cyan. You will subtract if you are better aligned to the left of the "0" mark and add if you are to the right. If you cant reach the number go as far as you can and reprint. Enter the correct value in the cyan l/r alignment

MYK left right alignment
Basically the same as above. Enter the values for M,Yand K in the same column as cyan.

XY offset
Perform X first aligning the bars to the cyan bar adding or subtracting the values to the current value entered. Underneath the "bars" you will notice some horizontal lines for the Y offset. Take the average from the width of the media and add or subtract the values from the current ones.

DougWestwood

XL 1500 stall outs

Hi There,

I ran one of these machines for almost a year. (2015).

We had MANY stalls. Thing just stopped in the middle of jobs. No software warning msgs, nothing.
Just utterly frozen. Only a full shut down/start up would bring it back. Really expensive problem as we were printing 40 foot banners.
To have the machine die at 38 feet is throwing money away.

If you got this fixed, PLEASE share.
- Doug
Vancouver

averias

calibrating Xljet

you have to see the sign (it's very important) in all the text, imagine if you see -12 on the pattern and you have a value in the window for example 32 you have put 20 in the value, if you had -32 in the window and in the pattern you see -12 the new value would be -44.
For the stalls and the stops of the machine in the middle of the media you have to disable windows updates and the most important city, reboot the computer, entering in Bios and searchs for a parameter called hyperthreading and DISABLE it

tell me if you need anything else (I'm tech for Scitex Vision in Spain)