• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP speed using flexi.. hrmmmm

ProWraps

not very impressive. I clocked it at 80fpm.

thats a 10 pass high ink setting at 600x600.

this is too slow for me.

unfortunately, flexi only goes to a low ink setting with 8 pass and it looks way too light.

anyone else figured out how to get a bit more speed out of these things aka, how to get an 8 pass HIGH ink setting using flexi 10 with the l25500 drive?

not very impressive. I clocked it at 80fpm.

thats a 10 pass high ink setting at 600x600.

this is too slow for me.

unfortunately, flexi only goes to a low ink setting with 8 pass and it looks way too light.

anyone else figured out how to get a bit more speed out of these things aka, how to get an 8 pass HIGH ink setting using flexi 10 with the l25500 drive?

All of those settings are defined by the person who created the media. Your options include:

1) Locate a different media profile (not just ICC profile) for your media product. This may be available from the manufacturer of the media, or from SAi (developer of the RIP), or from a 3rd-party. You might be able to lobby the media manufacturer for a media profile that is set to your liking.

2) Create your own, using whatever setting you desire. This requires knowledge, some time, measurement equipment, and perhaps additional software.

3) Have a consultant create one for you.

4) Live with it.

ProWraps

ive tryed tweaking them. but there is no way to do an 8 pass "high ink" setting.

i dont even know what "high ink" vs "low ink" means. no other printer/rip ive ever had had a 'high, low' setting.

just dpi, passes, etc.

i am pretty disappointed though. i was hoping they would be faster than my 1304's. they are not even close.

HulkSmash

ive tryed tweaking them. but there is no way to do an 8 pass "high ink" setting.

i dont even know what "high ink" vs "low ink" means. no other printer/rip ive ever had had a 'high, low' setting.

just dpi, passes, etc.

i am pretty disappointed though. i was hoping they would be faster than my 1304's. they are not even close.

Thought we talked about this................

flexi blows. You spent 26k on 2 printers. Spend 1 more for decent software.

I been there told ya. When will you learn, i'm always right. jeez

ProWraps

i got my onyx trial today.

ugh hard to figure out. same thing. 10 pass high ink. i have no idea how to tweak crap in there. not to mention it couldnt even open any of my eps files.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Pro
what did you get out of your mutohs at the same quality level?

wayne k
guam usa

The high ink setting is for extremely absorptive media, such as fabric, to be able to get more ink down to obtain a saturated result. Vinyls (both banner and adhesive) have no need for high ink, as the ink does not permeate into the media as it does on fabric. High ink is used in only with high pass counts, I think 12 is the minimum pass count for high ink. Not coincidentally, 12 is also the recommended mimumin pass count for fabric.

You can get a terrific gamut and color depth at 8-10 pass on PVC (and paper etc) on the L25500 w/o high ink, assuming that you have a good RIP and media profile.

ProWraps

all i know is the 180c profile uses a 10 pass high ink.

if you drop to 8 pass, the colors are WAY light because it drops to a low ink setting. im just stumped.

i need more speeeeeed!

Bly

10 or 12 pass is about all we can manage on vinyl so about the same speed as our Rolands.
We're running a billboard paper job today though and it's cranking at 6 pass.
Going thru some ink though..

cdiesel

Onyx is good.. Took a fews days for me to really get it (and I still goof up every once in awhile) but it's easy to use once you figure it out.

I can't wait to get our 25500 installed, but I think it'll have to wait until after the first. We typically run our LX800 on 6 pass with acceptable results, and 8 pass looks fantastic. The pass counts aren't even comparable though..