• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP synthetic Lubricant oil for carriage rail

Esdale

So i was just about to order a new bottle of Oil and was told the HP supplied oil is over $200. for 3.5 oz !!! :omg:

Does anyone know of a subsutute for the factory synthetic oil or can you tell me what you are using.

Esdale

supplier say's the kit is about $250 and comes with a 10 mil of oil or buy 3.5 oz of oil seperate for $250

It don't seem right

HulkSmash

Go to office depot buy a bottle of Paper shredder oil for 3 bucks. We use it on our machines. Works just fine.

FatCat

Been using high quality synthetic fishing reel oil for several years now. $5 bottle at any sporting goods store and has a nifty tip to help lube the tight places.

(Oh my, that didn't sound good did it?) :Big Laugh:Big Laugh

Esdale

Been using high quality synthetic fishing reel oil for several years now. $5 bottle at any sporting goods store and has a nifty tip to help lube the tight places.

(Oh my, that didn't sound good did it?) :Big Laugh:Big Laugh

I was thinking that most good light synthetic oils would work. My main concern was the heat in the print area and how the oil will react like getting gummed up and such.

Suz

An HP Tech told me it would be okay to use a higher quality (clear) sewing machine oil that I had on hand to oil the rails when I ran out of the oil in the kit.

He also told me I could use Rubbing Alcohol and regular coffee filters to replace the little cleaning pads that you insert into the cleaning tool to clean print heads. Works for me!

The cotton swabs could be found pretty easily, medical or beauty supply.

OldPaint

i have an old ENCAD 736. THESE where plagued by CARRIAGE ERRORS........i went out in my shop, got my can of SILICONE SPRAY. took a small rag(tee shirt cotton)sprayed the silicone into the rag, wiped the rail with the rag before i would run a print.......AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEMS AGAIN))))) you actually clean the rail, and lubricate it at the same time.
DO NOT SPRAY RAIL.......

Esdale

All good responses THANK YOU .

I going to try the Gun oil it's easy to get at most local Canadian Stores. :Canada:

If it doesn't work I can always lube up the gun and shoot the Printer.