• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP T3500 Y-MK leak - 3rd party tubes?

stevefal

I picked up a nice used T3500, and I'm trying to bring it back to life. It's all clean, functioning and passing non-print diagnostics. The only software flag is failure to complete head replacement. Ink and head are brand new HP.

The nozzle health test shows MK and Yellow starving out. Inspection shows some leakage of MK and Yellow at the septum/head connection. I'm assuming this is the problem and hoping the only one. I have wetted the septums with no change.

An authorized service center says 90% that tube replacement will solve it. But wow, the cost - upwards $1k where I live. $700+ for the part.

I gather that replacement is doable on my own, and I'm up for that. but the question is, do non-hp tubes assemblies work ok in practice? I see many out there, Aliexpress, eBay and others, for $150-250.

I don't want to throw good money after bad, so I'm willing to give one of these "copy" tube assembly parts a shot if people have good experiences with them.

I'm also eager for any other advice to get the machine running.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's not really leaking right? If it was leaking the red part would be full of ink.
It's normal to have some drops of color there every time you disconnect the printhead.

Image578816443789518331.jpg

stevefal

On one insertion, I get enough MK to run all the way down the front of the printhead. If I don't wipe it up, it does drip down there.

The (input) nozzle replacement seems worth a try. But if that's not the issue, other ideas? The service tech assumed air in the tubes due to leak, but he did not examine it personally.

Is there a source for identifying the exact tip? Any parts listings I see only show the entire tubes assembly.

Image3978776653688625072.jpg

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I bet the ones I linked fit. Usually it's the one and the same in every machine.
Open the screw and see if you can detach that.
Only other chance is the cartridge end of the tube if we talk about leaks.