• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP T520 won't print boarder

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
I have a new HP T520 printer, I'm trying to print a drawing from cad, no matter what I try I can't get the title block to print, everything else prints but the border. The tile block is on a printable layer, color is just black, it's within the printable area, still no luck. Any ideas?

kanini

What program do you print from? Can you try to print as an image the same file, does it still clip? It's either wrong media size (e.g. settings in driver) or something with the settings in your program you print from/something in the file.

bannertime

I know nothing about printing from CAD, but is it a different color of black? That's typically what happens in the cut vinyl world; the color looks the same, but its value is slightly different and the RIP puts it in another group.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
What program do you print from? Can you try to print as an image the same file, does it still clip? It's either wrong media size (e.g. settings in driver) or something with the settings in your program you print from/something in the file.

I have converted the image to a PDF and print on my other printer for an 11x17 and no problem, then I print on the hp no luck. If I open the PDF I see the board but still will not print it.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
I know nothing about printing from CAD, but is it a different color of black? That's typically what happens in the cut vinyl world; the color looks the same, but its value is slightly different and the RIP puts it in another group.

It's possible that it's not truly black, I will try a color and see.

Johnny Best

Are you using Adobe Illustrator to set up your .pdf If so make sure your artwork is within the Artboard.