• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp third generation latex printers-latex 3000

New HP Product Lineup for Latex: The HP Latex 260 Printer, formerly the HP Designjet L26500 Printer
The HP Latex 280 Printer, formerly the HP Designjet L28500 Printer
The HP Latex 820 Printer, formerly the HP Scitex LX820 Industrial Printer
The HP Latex 850 Printer, formerly the HP Scitex LX850 Industrial Printer
The HP Latex 3000 Printer

M@CK

I spoke with a merchant yesterday about this,
and what he told me was that HP made this latex printer is to compete with the Durst[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Rho 500R Family of printers,
and that it was priced accordingly at about 350K, but thats Canadian money.

nate

We saw the machine in action at HP's R&D Center in Spain a week or so ago, and are happy to say that our Latex 3000 is ordered for an install date in mid August. I'll let you all know how it goes when it's installed. Also, our Lx800 with the 610 ink upgrade will be for sale shortly as part of this transaction for anyone interested.

Last edited:

sballinger

It's too bad they don't have plans to develop any upgrades for the people who have the Latex 850. It definitely could use some!

Nishan

I spoke with a merchant yesterday about this,
and what he told me was that HP made this latex printer is to compete with the DurstRho 500R Family of printers,
and that it was priced accordingly at about 350K, but thats Canadian money.
We have the rho 500r, and done about 200k sqm on it... it is the most versatile 5m machine, the one at fespa now is 12pl.. so quality is equal if not better than new latex. However you cannot compare latex vs uv inks. It all depends on the applications, we run building wraps/billboards at 250 sqm per hour, and 3 rolls sav at 120sqm per hour pop quality. We can get better speeds but on average this is the best. Also we do double sided prints effortlessly... double side and fabric option not currently available on the new hp 3000. Having said this and not sounding like a durst salesman, it is twice the price of the hp, and I am seriously looking at the hp 850 for vehicle wraps.. this the durst cannot compete in.