• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Used Latex Machine

mattc28

I’ve been in the business for over 27 years and am now branching out to work for myself. I have an Graphtec FC8600-160 and a Seal 62 base. I was offered a HP Latex 560 that has been sitting a bit fairly inexpensive or a running HP 330 for the same price. Anybody have thoughts here?
I know the 560 I’ll need to change the heads and inks, but did see video of it printing.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I use an HP 560 in my daily and haven't had any major issues with the printer. The arm for the pinch roller needs to be replaced, if it hasn't already. The new arm is metal as the plastic keeps breaking. Actual HP techs don't tell you that. HP Engineering does and never sent out a bulletin regarding the issue.
If you don't grab the printer, let me know. I may be interested. It is a discontinued model where the 330 may be easier to get parts for it.

Precision

It's running, ready to go. You can still get parts for this one easy enough from what I understand. But mainly because it is already running.

That is unless you are an HP printer tech and want to try the 560 and it's mystery of problems you will have from it sitting, if it hasn't been stored correctly.

Just makes sense to me. That's it.